Herbal hair rinses help restore the correct pH balance to the hair and scalp and remove mineral deposits left on the hair by hard water. They also encourage a glossy shine. Depending on which variety you choose you can deep clean hair, lighten or darken your original hair color naturally, prevent dandruff or stimulate the scalp to increase growth. Simply add a tea bag to large mouth glass jar and fill with boiling water and cover. Allow the herbs to steep for about 30 minutes. Apply the rinse after shampooing, rub into the scalp and leave the rinse on. Your hair will be smooth and soft, blow-dry and style as normal. The second step (or sometimes third) in your natural method of hair care is using an herbal rinse. According to the book, Natural Organic Hair & Skin Care by Aubrey Hampton, "an herbal rinse for the hair is like a facial astringent and toner for the skin; It removes soap films, oils, and accomplishes other positive hair care chores. You can make your own rinse or purchase" one here at Natural Solutions - Holistic Beauty & Health. "Some of the best ingredients to look for are rosemary, sage, lemon balm, horsetail, coltsfoot, camomile, peppermint, and neutral henna (which is especially good for oily hair). If your hair tends to be dry, use the herbal rinse between shampoo and conditioning steps. If your hair tends to be oily, use the herbal rinse as your last step (after conditioning the hair).
Tips for colour rinsed hair
- You can refresh your hair colour by using a rinsing mousse or colour shampoo.
- In order to choose the right hair colour you need to make this choice based on a personal analysis of your natural hair colour, eye colour and skin tone.
- Colour rinsed or semi-permanent coloured hair will loose it's colour every time you shampoo your hair.
- Wash your hair with colour enhancing products such as rinsing shampoos , conditioners and mousses. They will deposit minuscule amounts of colour in your hair.
- Have some highlights before using a colour rinse product so you will become different shades of hair colour.